Soothe and relieve red eyes
When you work too hard or play too hard, the surface of your eyes can sometimes become red and irritated causing the blood vessels in the eyes to swell, making the eyes look red.
Common causes of red and irritated eyes include: smoke, fatigue, late nights, sun glare, swimming, reading and close work, contact lens use.
Red eyes can be associated with dry eye conditions which may require the regular use of lubricant eye drops.
The condition may be conjunctivitis, which is an inflammation of the protective membrane that lines your eyelids and the whites of your eye (conjunctiva). The main causes of conjunctivitis are infection and allergies. If this is painful or lasts more than a few days you should consult your pharmacist or doctor.
What are the symptoms of conjunctivitis?
The common symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- increased amount of tears
- gritty eyes – feels like there’s sand in your eyes
- itchy eyes
- swelling of your eyelids and crusting on your eyelids overnight.
Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with eye drops or antihistamine tablets.
Both viral and bacterial conjunctivitis are forms of infectious conjunctivitis, which means they can spread from one eye to another and from one person to another.
These infections may clear up if you follow the eye hygiene steps to carefully wash your eyes as below.
- Before touching your eyes, wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Dry your hands with a clean (or disposable) towel.
- Clean away any pus, crust or discharge with a disposable cotton swab soaked in water.
- Wipe your eye once, from the end nearest your nose to the outside, then throw the swab away. Continue until your eye is clean.
- Wash and dry your hands again.
If you have ruled out conjunctivitis – then you may get relief from red, irritated eyes by using Clear Eyes eye drops.
Clear Eyes eye drops can provide relief for your red irritated eyes.
Directions: Tilt head back, squeeze 1 or 2 drops into each eye up to 4 times a day.
How does Clear Eyes work?
- Vasoconstrictor & Decongestant action
- Reduces unsightly blood vessels
- Brightens eyes for up to 8 hours*
- Lubricant prolongs relief and improves eye comfort
Here are some handy tips.
- Never let the container tip touch the eye.
- Always follow the recommended dosage.
- Avoid sharing eyedrop bottles.
- Discard eye drops 30 days after opening.
For more information:
7 Gravatt Road
TEL: 07-572 0355
434 Devonport Road
TEL: 07-928 8004
3 Palm Springs Boulevard
TEL: 07-542 2837
96 Jellicoe Street
TEL: 07-573 9868