Blackmores Macu-Vision 90 Tablets
Blackmores Macu-Vision is a source of antioxidant nutrients that help defend against free radical damage in the macular region of the retina and the lens of the eye.
Features & Benefits:
- Antioxidant formula based on the Age Related Eye Disease Study* (AREDS).
- Contains naturally sourced vitamin E which is better absorbed and retained than synthetic forms of vitamin E.
- A percentage of the sales of Macu-Vision® supports Macular Degeneration New Zealand.
* Betacarotene has been removed and synthetic vitamin E has been replaced with natural vitamin E.
The antioxidants zinc and vitamins C and E play a significant role in defending against free radical damage in the macular region of the retina and lens of the eye.
Antioxidants act as 'free-radical scavengers'. Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms. Many of these free radicals are dealt with by the body's own free radical, antioxidant defences. Some free radicals, however, escape these defences and cause cellular damage. Research suggests that accumulation of free radical cellular damage can result in degenerative conditions.
Macu-Vision® is now available without a prescription, as a general sale medicine.
Each Tablet Contains:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 250 mg
- Natural vitamin E 200 IU
- (d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate 165 mg)
- Zinc oxide (Zinc 40 mg) 49.8 mg
- Cupric oxide (Copper 1 mg) 1.25 mg
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children - Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous when taken in large amounts or for a long period.
- May occasionally cause gastric irritation if taken without food.
- Not recommended during pregnancy.
- Supports macular eye health. Contains Ascorbic acid 250 mg, Cupric oxide 1.25 mg, Vitamin E 200 IU, Zinc oxide 49.8 mg. Medicines have benefits and some may have risks. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.